Bacton Transport is an 'Extra Mile Employer’, we set high standards for ourselves and expect the same of our employees. We are always looking for good people to join our growing organisation and we are particularly interested in talking to local colleges and schools about the wide range of possible careers offered by logistics.
The logistics industry as a whole has a need of keen, bright young people. Bacton Transport is proud to have recently offered administrative job opportunities to some of our local young people with no previous industry experience who have gone on to join our operations team. We also welcome applications from people of diverse ethnic backgrounds and from women, both of whom are under-represented in operational roles in the sector.
Reasons to join Bacton Transport:
• Family-owned logistics company with 90 years of history in the industry.
• A stable, passionate and dedicated Leadership Team with daily involvement in the business.
• A proven and successful company with strong sustainable growth.
• An established culture of support, recognition and togetherness.
• Employer of choice in East Anglia.
• Clear, defined and understood set of Values:
• Competitive salary package.
• Employee engagement programme.
• Opportunities for career progression.
• Modern fleet of well-equipped vehicles.
• New site including:
o Contemporary open plan offices
o Bespoke warehousing facility
o Specific driver facilities
What you can expect from us:
• Full induction process including site familiarisation.
• Training provided when required.
• Opportunities to complete continuous professional development.
• Support to fulfil your aspirations and potential.
What you will learn from us:
• Communication techniques. Verbal and written (e-mail, report writing, presenting).
• Financial management. Profit & loss. Transport economics. Fixed/variable cost models.
• Leadership. Teamworking. Managing people. Business ethics.
• Commercial. Presentation techniques; pricing models; negotiation skills.
• Personal development. Time management. Goal setting. Performance management.
• Operations techniques; traffic scheduling; route planning.
• Customer services. Customer data. Complaints handling.
• Transport law; compliance and licensing; Incident management; health & safety.
• HGV and fleet management.
• Leads to CPC Transport manager qualification.
Kirsty Clarke-Mudd – Kirsty’s journey with Bacton Transport started in 2008 when she did some work experience for the accounts department during her school holidays. She subsequently joined the business full time when she left school in 2010 as an office junior fulfilling basic administrative tasks. After taking the opportunity to move into the Network operation she quickly found her niche and has risen through the ranks culminating with her promotion to Morning Operations Supervisor in 2021. Over the years Kirsty has helped the business thrive and grow; she has done everything from working remotely at our Felixstowe office, to recruitment, planning vehicle routes and customer liaison. There is almost nothing that Kirsty doesn’t know about the operation and she is an amazing example of where dedication, hard work and the desire to progress can lead to when working at Bacton Transport.
Ellis Smith – Ellis joined Bacton Transport as a Junior Transport Administrator in 2017. In 2018 Ellis began working in the warehouse and it soon became clear that he had a flair for the operational side of the business. After being identified as having the desire to progress within the company he was put on a development plan which structured his advancement over the next 3 years. His training consisted and included learning to lead the warehouse operation, First Aid, Hazard Perception, First Responder and Forklift Training. In June 2021 Ellis was selected and promoted to become a Traffic Operator responsible for the daily planning and tasking of vehicles and drivers. Ellis is another example of how hard work, a willingness to learn and the desire for personal development can lead to opportunities when working at Bacton Transport.
Hannah McGlade & Nicole Cook – Hannah & Nicole joined Bacton Transport as Transport Administrators within a week of each other during the height of the COVID pandemic in August 2020. Neither had any previous experience of working in the logistics sector with both of them joining us from the hospitality industry. However, they both very quickly established themselves as part of the team, rapidly learning about the business and demonstrating a wish to develop their understanding and a desire to progress. Wanting to encourage and support their aspirations both Hannah and Nicole have been given the opportunity to step up and now have responsibility for the daily planning and scheduling of vehicles and drivers as Traffic Operators.